Who We Are
Welcome to Riverside Primary's media center.
Riverside Primary's Media Center exist to promote a love and appreciation for reading, and provide a diverse collection that will promote academic excellence.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 7:30 - 2:30 (Parents)
Riverside Primary media center's staff is committed to ensuring that all students have access to the resources and services that we provide.
Open check for students is available everyday from 7:30 - 7:50, 8:15 - 2:00. All students must be accompanied by a library pass.
In addition, students will come to the media center with their teachers to checkout books and have story-time or library lessons. Students are allowed to check out 1 book at a time. They are allowed to keep the book for 2 weeks.
Teachers and parents are also welcome to come sit in the media center and read with students or by themselves!
Scanning information on to a jump drive using a copier
The copier can be used to scan information on to a jump drive. You can scan samples of students’ work, documents, books and other material that could be used to teach a lesson. Since the information is on a jump drive it can also be used with the promethean board. Below are the steps for scanning information on to a jump drive.
1. Insert your jump drive into the USB port on the copier. A light should blank on your jump drive, andat the bottom of the copier it will read USB device found.
2. Next, hit the scan button on the copier.
3. Choose the File/USB icon
4. On the next Screen select USB Media (this is an important step if you do not select this the information will not copy to your jump drive).
5. Hit okay – choose common setting
6. Select full color for a color photo or black for a document.
7. Select text or photo. Next select book or single page scan and select okay.
8. Go back to the File/USB icon. If you are scanning a picture make sure you select Jpeg if you are scanning a document select PDF hit okay.
9. Put your document on the scanner hit scan. When you are finished scanning all of your documents, press the job finished icon (the green light on the jump drive will light up). Wait until the copier says you may remove your jump drive.
10. Take the jump drive back to your computer. Insert the jump drive and select open folded to view files.
11. The information will be in a folder called scan.